The DGM organization (1988) is devoted to packing, storage, consulting, classification, and professional training in the field of moving dangerous goods. All of DGM’s activities are performed in accordance with the global safety standards: The rules and regulations of IATA/ICAO – IMO – 49 CFR – ADR – RID, for the safe handling and transport of hazardous goods also referred to as dangerous goods.
DGM’s roots are in oil and gas operations. When tendering their commercial explosives for transportation, oil well perforating companies were often handicapped by conflicting interpretations of international rules and regulations.
Today, when rushing explosives or radioactive sources to (mostly remote) drilling sites around the globe, thanks to DGM’s extensive expertise, these headaches are past history.
DGM expanded its scope of services to assist air carriers: for technical assistance, cargo inspections, repack and re-document shipments in transit, or to prepare new sets of Shipper’s Declarations for Dangerous Goods by Air, under DGM’s responsibility.
DGM also arranges ADR or IMDG paperwork for dangerous goods which are shipped as air cargo, but are carried by road on airline air waybill, or which must connect to ferry services (IATA/ICAO rules, versus ADR road, versus the IMO/IMDG maritime rules and regulations).
DGM specializes in
- Marking and Labeling
- Hazardous Materials Packing/Drumming and Re-Drumming
- Issuance of the Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods
- Comprehensive Insurance cover which assumes all relevant and legal liability
Full Export Packing Services
- Project Packing
- Fiberboard Boxes
- Hood Boxing
- Vacuum Packing
- Flat Racks
- Electronic Packing
- Containerization (Loading, Blocking & Bracing -Ocean, Road and Rail)
- 70,640 SQ FT. Facility on 6.51 Acres
- 3 Acre Lay Down Yard
- 55,600 SQ FT. Warehouse
- Fully Fenced Warehouse and Lay Down Yard
- 24 Hour Recorded Security System
- Segregated State of the Art H2 Room (3,600 SQ FT) and H3 Room (9,800 SQ FT.)
- Spill Control and Secondary Containment
- Hazardous Material Detection System
- 24 Hour Mechanical Exhaust Ventilation
- Air Intake Ventilation Louvers
- ESFR Automatic 60/3000 GMP Sprinkler System
- Emergency Power and Alarm
- Explosion Proof Lighting
- Fusible Link / Fire Rated Doors
- 2 Hour Fire Rated Walls
- DGM has on-call personnel 24 hours a day – 7 days a week – 365 days a year.
- 25 Forklifts with lifting capacity ranging from 6,000 Lbs. to 36,000 Lbs.