WEB APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER
We are looking for someone to design, develop, test, and implement a custom database/web-based applications for intra net, extra net, and client/server platforms. Must have ASP (preferred)/ASP.NET, VB/VB.NET, HTML, VB Script, MS SQL server language skills and understand database development as well as a good understanding of database connectivity and integration.
Applicant will design, develop, and test new applications. Enhance existing applications. Collaborate with technical and functional team members to ensure the delivery of quality software applications on time and on budget, and subsequently support and maintain those applications. Make major contributions to the success of projects by applying demonstrated technical knowledge.
- Work with the Software Development Group to translate business requirements into technical specifications and perform development tasks to deliver solution. Work closely with the team, business, architecture and Core IT group to integrate the solution, while adhering to company project management and delivery standards.
- Design end to end business system solutions in a complex application and technological environment
- Provide cost/time estimates for project programming tasks
- Works independently or in a team, to design, code, test, document and debug programs of moderate, to high complexity
- Analyzes test case results using problem solving techniques as well as making suggestions for correction or optimization
- Document technical specifications and successfully establish the support of the application or new functionality for production support purposes
- Train the business on the use of the new functionality and/or systems
- Maintain documentation as system changes take place
- Perform the duties of an EDI Coordinator, including setup and mapping of new trading partners, managing and troubleshooting inbound / outbound transactions, and monitoring of all EDI communications.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4-6 years of progressive application experience
- Experience in logistic, supply chain or warehouse environment is a definite plus
- Ability to design, code, test and debug software
- Good working knowledge of relational database design concepts
- Knowledge of development tools
- Excellent knowledge of IT architecture development and implementation tools and trends.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Provide optimal business system solutions from both a business and an IT perspective
- Provide technical/business leadership to stakeholders
- Knowledge of XML / ebXML is a plus
- Knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) or Electronic Commerce (EC) is a plus
- 4 or more years with progressively advanced experience in the following skills is required
- Programming experience (.Net, ASP, VB, HTML, XML)
- MS SQL
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, VBA, etc)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Sciences or MIS or a related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
Submit all resumes through: https://www.dgm-usa.com/company/careers/